[Opensim-dev] Cable Beach update

Mike Mazur mmazur at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 09:15:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Chris Hart <Chris at codetorque.co.uk> wrote:
> Only comment I would have on it is that there is no MSSQL provider for
> this available yet. I had a quick look at the code last weekend, and it
> likely wouldn't take too long to put together but I've not had time for
> testing as yet. If it can be incorporated as a side-by-side either-or
> option that's great, 'cos it'll give us a little more time to implement
> and test on MSSQL, but if it's a complete replacement then I'll need to
> get to work on it asap. If it isn't going into the main svn then I don't
> want to waste my time working on something unnecessary :)

I think there will be a period of time where both are available
side-by-side, to give people the chance to work out kinks, change
their config files over, etc., kind of like the scripting engine. In
addition to MSSQL an SQLite plugin would also need to be written.

Before we get to that stage, though, the Mono.Addins and HTTP server
issues need to be resolved.

Mike