[Opensim-dev] TSB Feasibility Study: Online Virtual Worlds for Urban Regeneration Consultation

Mircea Filipescu mircea_the_kitsune at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 20 14:27:36 UTC 2009

The first thing I remembered while reading this was a project I seen a while ago which allowed generating opensim simulators based on satellite information of given areas, so cities would be built with a single click from real life places rather then by hard work and building everything manually. I couldn't yet understand how such a thing is possible to simulate in 3D off real life map data, but I think that might be of interest to your project.

All I have on this is a Youtube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJNDcurLP1w&feature=channel_page which I think you'll find it interesting. Otherwise I believe it's OK to ask further questions to this list, I'm sure many would love to hear more about this interesting project.