[Opensim-dev] Console Log Colours for Messages

Frisby, Adam adam at deepthink.com.au
Sat Jan 17 02:35:03 UTC 2009

This should be easily fixed. Just convert the script engine errors from .Error to .Warning - I think the yellow is more appropriate for these as they do not 'block' core functionality.

However, it may be worth raising a discussion of what belongs in each type -- we have four key classes of log messages at the moment:

Debug   (Debugger/Programmer Info)
Info            (User Information)
Warning         (Something not behaving correctly)
Error   (Something broke)

It may be worth making 'Debug' show up in a gray rather than white so it's easier to distinguish these messages, then perhaps mantising things which aren't in the correct classifications?

Regards,

Adam