[Opensim-dev] Opensim database management - garbage collection

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 15 17:24:57 UTC 2009

The integers for create_time and access_time are "epoch times", where the beginning of the epoch is 1/1/70.

To convert one uses the mysql function from_unixtime(create_time) or from_unixtime(access_time) to see a YY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS format.

On OSGrid, we now have about 1,000,000 entries in the assets table consuming about 50 GBytes. Of those 1,000,000 entries, about half have create_time == 0. It looks like the earliest is around the beginning of November, 2008 when the logic to write create_time and access_time became operational.

I look at that and think that have access_time and create_time is a really good thing. I am not sure I could support number of times accessed as these seem sufficient to me at this point, but perhaps I am being myopic.

Charles