[Opensim-dev] Ways to bundle a building/content for sharing with others

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at ozlabs.org
Mon Jan 12 03:10:21 UTC 2009

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:38:08 +0000
Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I recognize the problem.  It seemed to me that loading the OAR without deleting the existing region (in effect, merging)
> would be of limited use unless the terrain was guaranteed to be the same.  Otherwise, of course, your region objects may
> well be out of position (above, below ground, etc.).  One could then move them, but this still seems somewhat
> inconvenient.  However, if this is genuinely helpful it could be fairly trivially implemented as an option - this is
> actually what happened originally for a couple of revisions.  Would this be helpful?

I would find this quite useful. Also combined with being able to do even very simple filtering
with save-oar - eg only save things within the bounds of <x1,y1,z1> and <x2,y2,z2>
would make managing content much easier than manually pulling apart oar files
and putting them back together again.

Regards,

Chris
--