[Opensim-dev] Region Owner Not Set

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 5 17:03:52 UTC 2009

I just set up our system again in a clean state to use MySQL and Grid
Mode... using 4-Jan-2009 nightly build SVN 7942... I got pretty much
everything back in place, then realised that each of the regions does
not have an owner showing in the "About land" box... though the
estate owner is set as expected.  The data base tables seem to have
the correct UUID for the owners... so I am not sure why its not in
place,.  But it does mean no one can amend the media texture for the regions.

Is there a way to manually force the region owner to be set
somewhere?  Or do other data base entries besides region owner_uuid
need to be set?

By the way... I tried a manual delete-region and restored the region
over reboots with a new UUID and that then worked....  but I note
that even though the region is deleted.  if you try to put it back
with same UUID it had, then all the details in the data base are
still present... which would lad to bloating over time.  maybe a
delete region ought to tidy up more stuff?  E.g. the terrain map
still stays, the last map images, etc.. and perhaps other settings persist.