[Opensim-dev] Regionstore and all changes happening there.

Laurent grumly57 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 4 09:46:15 UTC 2009

Hello,

> Hi,
>
> in what way is the MySQL rewrite hurting MSSQL?
>
> The two drivers are independent. MySQL now uses low level native
> calls, making it much faster.
>
> Melanie

Fixes has been done on both MySQLRegionData.cs and SQLiteRegionData.cs at
release 7586. That fix was not applied to MSSQLRegionData.cs.

SVN Log at 7586 :

* Resolve http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=2743 and
http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=2739 by no longer bothering to
store or retrieve the local parentID in
the region database
* The original issue is that the now randomly generated local ids do not fit
into the int parentID datatype
* However, as far as I know it's actually pointless to store this local
parent ID anyway (we already store the groupUUID), especially as we don't
bother to store the localID (as
opposed to UUID itself).
* Conservatively, the actual column will be removed in a later commit

I am sorry I dont have that much time to help more about it :(

Laurent