[Opensim-dev] User Authentication

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Wed Feb 25 09:49:03 UTC 2009

Melanie,

I wasn't suggesting the use of our client software, I was describing a solution that has worked well for us. I believe that there are some issues that simply can't be solved with an unhacked sl viewer, and this would be a nice base to work around it.

I actually forgot to add that it also offers to download the viewer and install it, if it can't find any viewer present.

Even so, given how small piece of code this launcher is, it would be trivial to port to any environment.

I guess I'm really suggesting that if any of this would make sense, we would set up a forge project for a cross-platform viewer launcher project, bsd licensed so it can be applied and repackaged as needed. We would gladly contribute to such a project.

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB