[Opensim-dev] OpenSim Hardware Requeriments

Chris Hart Chris at codetorque.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 08:59:16 UTC 2009

One option is to use SMIL to combine media feeds into one that can be displayed as media that can be played by Quicktime. Using this method, I've managed to get two webcam feeds on the same screen / prim / media texture, and also a webcam alongside slides (SMIL has some timing and transition options), but I don't know what the upper limit would be on number of streams to combine.

I tested it around 6 months ago with Veodia http://veodia.com/  (which is a re-stream service with the right encoding to be played in Quicktime) and some SMIL code to combine the media onto a texture and got it working on SL, not tested it on OpenSim, but it should work just the same. It's quite a simple language/syntax to play with: http://www.w3schools.com/smil/default.asp.

Hope that helps,
Chris