[Opensim-dev] OpenSim Hardware Requeriments

Dirk Krause dirk.krause at pixelpark.com
Thu Feb 19 06:15:12 UTC 2009

I always had that on my list to try this, but didn't try it yet :-).

As far as I understood you should be able to divide your region in parcels. Each parcel can have a different media stream.  So what I wanted to try was to divide one big conference room into N parcels each with a media stream of the participant.  This should work with N = not too high :-).

But I don't know if the client can display multiple streams, or whether it just plays the stream of the very parcel you stand in.

Indeed I would expect that
- the number of concurrent streams is limited by the clients connection
- the client probably will have problems displaying more than say 3 streams (wild guess)

Just open several streams in a browser and you will find the practical limit.