[Opensim-dev] Please do not revert fixes without careful comtemplation

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Tue Feb 17 15:25:57 UTC 2009

Dear Teravus:

No problem. The key point I was trying to make is that as time goes on we seem to be increasing exponentially the storage requirements in the UGAIM assets table. The terrainImage entry was an example of of an 'asset' that is a little different in perception then say, a texture covering a face of a prim.

This example was intended for us to think about those 'assets' which can be pruned on a regular basis so that our ability from the UGAIM viewpoint to find and retrieve an asset in a timely manner does not get so long as to make our sims performance degraded.

Charles