[Opensim-dev] Please do not revert fixes without careful comtemplation

Frisby, Adam adam at deepthink.com.au
Mon Feb 16 13:05:13 UTC 2009

You do realise you could just not update the asset. If the hash is the same, then you can just completely ignore the save/update request.

That being said, even a targeted collision on MD5 is a 2^58 chance, on SHA256 it's well over 2^128 which makes it pretty much impossible. Frankly it's not something worth concerning oneself over.

Adam