[Opensim-dev] Older region databases incompatible with the latest SVN

Mircea Kitsune mircea_the_kitsune at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 12:58:27 UTC 2009

I hope this mailing list is a good place to ask for help with such issues, though I believe this to be an OpenSim bug as well. I keep having this problem for more then a week now and I'm starting to get more and more worried as I don't want to loose all the sims I have been working on till now.

I reported this on Mantis over here a few days ago which includes more info. Basically since updating to a certain revision a few days ago, whenever I startup my sim only half of the primitives or linksets there load while the rest don't, visually nor collisions (mainly the linksets which don't contain scripts refuse to load). After I updated my opensim.ini.example, Opensim attempts to convert the database to a newer version but whenever it gets started on converting every linkset to a newer format it also says "[REGION DB]: System.FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx)" and when I go in-world I have almost no primitives showing there like before.

What's wrong with my storage, why doesn't it work with the latest SVN? How can I recover my sims to get them working correctly again? Is anyone else experiencing this issue as well? Here's a screenshot of how broken buildings look on one of my sims, basically less then half of them load. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.