[Opensim-dev] opensim logo licensing

Dave Coyle coyle+opensim at knifejaw.com
Mon Feb 2 20:56:48 UTC 2009

I was about to make a t-shirt with the OpenSim logo to wear around SL
(<snickers>), but I got to thinking... under what terms/license, if
any, is the OpenSim logo available for use?  I see it's included in
the source (OpenSim/Tools/OpenSim.GridLaunch/GUI/WinForm/OpenSim.png),
and it's used on the wiki where "content is available under
Attribution-Share Alike 2.5".  But I can't find any explicit mention
of whether those licenses apply to the logo, or how it can/cannot be
used.

Is use of the logo covered by any formal license?  Or a "it's ok as
long as you're nice about it" policy?  Or "only as part of the
official OpenSim distribution"?  Something else?

Thanks.

-Coyle