[Opensim-dev] Mumble & Voice

Geetika S geetika.s at tcs.com
Mon Dec 7 06:43:12 UTC 2009

Hi

Just wanted to add - we worked on using Mumble with Opensim about a year
back. We didnt integrate Mumble client with SL client but ran it
independently. There is also a small server which runs on the client
machine and listens for avatar positions sent to it from an in-world script
on an avatar attachment. I can share more details and code if anyone is
interested.

Geetika

Geetika Sharma
Tata Consultancy Services

Gurgaon,Haryana
India
Mailto: geetika.s at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                  Business Solutions
                  Outsourcing

opensim-dev-bounces at lists.berlios.de wrote on 12/06/2009 12:33:56 PM:

> [image removed]
>
> Re: [Opensim-dev] Mumble & Voice
>
> Jeroen van Veen
>
> to:
>
> opensim-dev
>
> 12/06/2009 11:30 AM
>
> Sent by:
>
> opensim-dev-bounces at lists.berlios.de
>
> Please respond to opensim-dev
>
> If it would be a small change, then it's definitly interesting to
> find out for
> some people. Voice quality with slvoice pcmu is rather lower. In thelong
run
> the Naali approach with libtelepathy seems to be much better.
>
> Jeroen
>
> Op zaterdag 05 december 2009 17:17:35 schreef Robert A. Knop Jr.:
> > >
> > > Yes, I think so. It was made about two years ago, dunno if has needed
> > > touching since, nor whether anything has changed in the ipc protocol
> > > recently that would break it with newer viewers.
> >
> > I know that the API for Vivox changed sometime during the 1.23 cycle.
> > Right now, I think, the Vivox servers are supporting both old and new,
> > but at some point presumably they'll stop supporting old.  And, this
API