[Opensim-dev] Appropriate place for scene obejct serialization calls? (was Re ... ea940d98f91b65e0fdc0619bc4e421d506813870)

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 11 19:18:14 UTC 2009

diva at metaverseink.com wrote:
> It can be anywhere as long as it's outside Region dlls, because external
> components deal with ISceneObject and need to serialize them. I thought
> I'd  add this one to the interface. Currently, the implementation of
> SceneObject serialization is under region.
>
> Where would you like it?

Are you referring to the code in OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Serialization.*?  If so, I do agree that the code
really needs to be in OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.Serializer or similar - then it would be theoretically possible
to replace/add alternative serializations.

I was hoping to do this my opportunity tanks have been dry for a while.

But would such an arrangement still cause a problem for your calling code?

> Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
>> diva at pinky.opensimulator.org wrote:

>>> commit ea940d98f91b65e0fdc0619bc4e421d506813870
>>> Author: Diva Canto <diva at metaverseink.com>
>>> Date:   Thu Aug 6 16:41:24 2009 -0700
>>>
>>>     Added ToXml2() to ISceneObject, so that components other than regions can use this abstraction.

justincc
Justin Clark-Casey
http://justincc.wordpress.com