[Opensim-dev] [Opensim-users] Main Repository now in Git

Sean Hennessee sean at uci.edu
Tue Aug 4 15:37:13 UTC 2009

In my automated update script I use an svn info command to cull the
current release number to use as it's folder name when getting the
latest release like this:

$ REV=`svn info http://opensimulator.org/svn/opensim/trunk | fgrep
Revision | awk '{print $2}'`
$ svn -r $REV co http://opensimulator.org/svn/opensim/trunk $REV

With the specific svn command used being:
$ svn info http://opensimulator.org/svn/opensim/trunk
Is there an equivalent way to get the current release number from git?
Or any way to get the current/trunk release number?

Google was not my friend this morning:
"$ git remote show origin" gives a lot of info, but I can't tell which
of that info is the latest release available. "git remote -v" only seems
to show the git:// source of a local repository. "git svn info" is
giving me this error: "Can't locate SVN/Core.pm in @INC <...>".

Peace,
Sean

--