[Opensim-dev] moving away from grid vs. standalone

diva at metaverseink.com diva at metaverseink.com
Thu Apr 30 18:42:24 UTC 2009

There is nothing wrong with the in-process (local) services, and I think
they should stay. They're as much services as the remote ones, and are
quite handy for standalone grids. I hate having to track N different
processes.

This is all a matter of finding the right *vocabulary*, which usually
means having a good model in place for what's going on, and the right
mechanism to support it.

If we start looking at OpenSim as a sort of service-oriented
architecture, then it's clear that the issue of which processes host
which services is a configuration issue, not an architectural one.