[Opensim-dev] OAuth as authentication and authorisation (capability) specification

Mike Dickson mike.dickson at hp.com
Tue Apr 28 13:51:09 UTC 2009

It doesn't address the authorization aspects but has anyone had a look
at some of the single sign on efforts like CAS and such...

http://www.jasig.org/cas

There are others.  Some of the trust model discussion makes me think of
the kerberos tgt web of trust models used in client/server scenarios in
the past.

Mike

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 12:20 +0000, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Tommi Laukkanen
> <tommi.s.e.laukkanen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ouch, any chance of standard extension to support rich clients :)
>
> Christian is likely to know more, but hopefully the larger providers
> will work on providing something like this.
>
> You can actually standardize quite easily if your external profile
> holds a public key and the rich client holds a private key, there are
> other methods too, but cookies dont tend to work well as there are
> cross domain restrictions.

Mike Dickson <mike.dickson at hp.com>
BladeSystem infrastructure R&D