[Opensim-dev] OAuth as authentication and authorisation (capability) specification

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 11:49:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Tommi Laukkanen
<tommi.s.e.laukkanen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Diva's point was that when using rich client we can collect
> the credentials with a dialog and post them to openid. On http level
> we can do the same tricks but we don't need necessarily switch to web
> browser but we can stay inside the viewer.

Not sure what you mean by "post to openid", since every openid
provider is different, and generally will have different credentials,
and a different input mechanism.  The expectation of OpenID is a
browser redirect.  In the event that some services are standarized,
and have an API, a rich client could indeed store credentials, and
post them.  But it's not a guarantee that this will always be
possible.