[Opensim-dev] Freeswitch

Ralf Haifisch ralf at ralf-haifisch.biz
Sun Apr 26 10:50:51 UTC 2009

Heho,

as voice is an essential thing for many people I realy loved to read about
the freeswitch/siren idea.  Thanks for that.

I tried to get voice working the last days – did hunt for some people with
experience on osgrid/IRC.

I did follow  http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Freeswitch_Module , but tried
some variants (compiling curl/siren modules), as well.

So far, it seems I get the freeswitch compiled.

I see incoming avatars lead to a registration in the opensim console.

I see some voice CAPS form opensim to freeswitch.

My talk-button keeps greyd out, however.

The only one I did find with voice on osgrid was Paulie Flomar, he has it
working “half way” it seems.

“Strangely, my results seem inconsistent. I had Nebadon over and he could
hear me fine, but I could not hear him. I had Maria over and neither one of
us could hear the other.”

But I have no clue where to hunt for

Example:

I get a 404 error when I start the freeswitch, not being able to fetch
http://simulator/api/freeswitch-config/

In the manual it says:  “Make sure the freeswitch server is started BEFORE
bringing the region up.”  - This means: yes, it can´t fetch anything,
because I need to start the freeswitch before the region.

Then – what about authentication ?

In the opensim.ini I do configure

   freeswitch_server_user = freeswitch

   freeswitch_server_pass = password

as far as I understand, usually the user are build  user at domain on the
freeswitch side and need to be configured in the freeswitch directory.

Do I need to configure this somewhere on the freeswitch side ?

As well, it is hard to say what to use for wich setting if the IP/host names
from freeswitch and region are different.

Basically – I have just no clue what to expect. Should there be some message
on the freeswitch console after start ?  should it be silent ?   Which
messages on the opensim side do tell me what status.

It would be helpful to get some more info – or maybe some people pop up who
allready made it ?   I am sure, there are some.  I guess given all the
different enviroments out in the wild, a collection of example configs would
be very helpful.

I am happy to collect everything and put it on the web if you through
screens and config files on me via email, to not blow up the list here.

Cheers,

Ralf Haifisch