[Opensim-dev] The essence of "grid"

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Fri Apr 17 18:40:13 UTC 2009

> > Am I correct in assuming that the hypergrid then boils down to the
> > "untrusted" connections? What is left, basically.
>
> Well, not quite. Given that a grid can contain several trust domains,
> there may be untrusted connections even within a grid. For example,
> Wright Plaza should not trust DNCH, even though they are part of the
> same grid.

Yes. And, in my (somewhat fuzzy, as always) thinking, the trust invoked when, for example, teleporting from WP to DNCH would be something resolved by the Hypergrid.

ie, you have one 'Grid' Trust Domain that incorporates WP, and one that incorporates DNCH, both sharing the same "Resource Service Domain".

This screws up your definitions?

/Stefan