[Opensim-dev] Object spin?

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Thu Apr 2 10:39:33 UTC 2009

I just saw this in a Mantis:

CTRL / SHIFT / MOUSE DRAG has no physical effect on object. Region
console
says "[CLIENT]: unhandled packet
OpenMetaverse.Packets.ObjectSpinUpdatePacket" on region console. On
Linden
grid, object spins.

Now, this just clicked with the questions that were raised many
months ago about the point of the ObjectSpinStop packet.

Now, in connection with ObjectSpinUpdate, this is beginning to make
sense. Apparently, an object's physical spin is started as described
above, and stopped by clicking/right-clicking the object, by means
of the ObjectSpinStop packet.......

As far as I know, we currently simply suppress the warning about the
unimplemented SpinStop, because it is so frequent.

Posting this here because it touches physics, and I know next to
nothing about that. Maybe a physics guru can spend 10 mins to make
that work :)

Melanie