[Opensim-dev] Slots still being taken

Homer Horwitz homerhorwitz at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 17 05:34:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 12:28 AM, Mircea Filipescu
<mircea_the_kitsune at hotmail.com> wrote:
> It's been a while since on grids such as osgrid, people are taking the slots
> of simulators while they are down without having any idea about it.
Especially in the case of OSGrid, please read the instructions at
http://osgrid.org/index.php?&page=smodul&id=15&btn=7&subbtn=15
"... Second be aware that when you shut your region down it is purged
from the database and your position will become available for anyone
who wishes to take it, so please note that if your region is shut down
properly that the square you populate is fair game, we will however do
our best to settle region location disputes but it is not our
responsibility to ensure you keep your location. And lastly regions
that do not respond for more than 24 hours are at risk of being purged
by an admin, consideration will be given for special cases but there
are no gaurnetees that repeat offenders will continue to be given
consideration, It is your responsibility to keep your regions running
and updated not the responsibility of OSGrid or any of its volunteer
staff. ..."
So, according to those rules, I'd say: If you want to keep your
location, you'll have to keep your region running.

Cheers,
  Homer