[Opensim-dev] Thoughts on Scripting

J Ross Nicoll jrn2005 at cs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Sep 16 15:01:06 UTC 2008

My fault, cut too many e-mails out. External script servers were
originally suggested as solving the need to do state backup.

For latency; most scripts on a SL region show CPU time usage at around
0.001ms per second. The delay is all in getting events into the
script, switching context to it, forming the result, and switching
context again before sending any action taken back to the user.
Running it over the network, I would expect to see latency of around
30ms each way, and a LOT of network traffic if the script queries
things like the prim parameters, for example.