[Opensim-dev] [Opensim-commits] r6306 - in trunk: OpenSim/Region/ScriptEngine/Shared/Api/Implementation bin

Sean Dague sdague at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 15:45:43 UTC 2008

melanie at opensimulator.org wrote:
> Author: melanie
> Date: 2008-09-15 08:25:48 -0700 (Mon, 15 Sep 2008)
> New Revision: 6306
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/OpenSim/Region/ScriptEngine/Shared/Api/Implementation/OSSL_Api.cs
>    trunk/bin/OpenSim.ini.example
> Log:
> Add more granularity and a risk asessment system to the OSSL API in XEngine.
> Adds the fix from Mantis #2197 in it's new form.
> Stage one of the scripting security changes, more to come.

Would it be possible to merge the allow osFunctions preflight test with
the thread level check so that we could reduce it to a single line of
"AllowScriptFunction(int type (lsl, osl, future types), int risk, string
 name)";

Then define the fail case as a set of exceptions:
ScriptTypeNotAllowed
ScriptThreatLevelExceeded

or something?

It would drop a bunch of copy and pasted code, which would be really nice.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague / Neas Bade
sdague at gmail.com