[Opensim-dev] Thoughts on Scripting

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 04:30:11 UTC 2008

I'm not sure I agree, periodic state backups could preserve quite a bit of
information, and machines hosting simulators can fail just as a machine
hosting a script server. Not sure I agree with the delays either as the
script server may even be able to do things faster since it may only have
script processing to do and doesn't have to spend time processing physics or
whatnot. If it was able to communicate all the changes that needed to happen
in a server frame before the next frame starts then it may actually be a
faster design. I guess a lot depends on how it's implemented.