[Opensim-dev] Very sensitive terrain adjustment?

Mircea Filipescu mircea_the_kitsune at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 11 21:33:37 UTC 2008

I can also confirm the terraforming in Opensim is a bit... well too quick in the latest revs. Especially when using the "large" tool, although in the longer past when it wasn't this way I remember having to spend a lot of time trying to terraform at bigger heights (spent entire minutes to raise some mountains back then). Maybe there could be a way one can also adjust the strength of that tool for its size? (eg: clicking normally to lower / raise the terrain does that at a normal speed, while control + clicking at a smaller tool pressure and shift + clicking does it really fast). Just if the client allows that with opensim of course... or maybe the sensitivity of the terrain tools could be made adjustable from opensim.ini for each region in part? (that would probably be really useful).

Also I'm not sure how well this relates but you may also want to check this old mantis out http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=1694 which is about the flatten land tool which also doesn't work the way I thought it should.