[Opensim-dev] Restructuring test directories

Alan M Webb alan_webb at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 5 17:26:32 UTC 2008

Having followed this conversation thus far, and knowing zero about nunit
(other than the fact it didn't work after I upgraded to Fedora 9):

Until such time as we have an application in which a bug is genuinely
considered to be unexpected, as opposed to business-as-usal, the test
cases rally should be a part of the "distribution".
Which raises the question: Do we have a "distribution" in the sense of a
consistently formed binary distribution that is distinct from the
development tree?

Where test cases go should might their nature: we should have (eventually
anyway) unit, functional, compliance, regression, performance, and system
tests. Others?
Personally, I don't think *where* the test case source goes makes much
difference to anything, both approaches have merits.

+1 to binaries WITOUT tests included
+1 to binaries WITH tests included.
+1 to tests kept with the code to which they relate
+1 to tests kept in a separate testing subtree.

But most of all:

+1 to tests
AND
+2 to using them.

Best regards
Alan
-------------------
T.J. Watson Research Center, Hawthorne, NY
1-914-784-7286
alan_webb at us.ibm.com

Stefan Andersson <stefan at tribalmedia.se>
Sent by: opensim-dev-bounces at lists.berlios.de
09/05/2008 12:51 PM
Please respond to
opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de

<opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de>
cc

Subject
Re: [Opensim-dev] Restructuring test directories

Not to mention the additional and superfluous refernces to the test
framework. You do not want those to be part of your distribution.

-1 on merging them, +1 on keeping them close to each others.

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB

Join the 3d web revolution : http://tribalnet.se/