[Opensim-dev] [Opensim-users] Grid Numberging

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Fri Oct 31 10:49:53 UTC 2008

Of course, so what's left to consider is malicious injection over trust boundaries. We keep coming back to that on all levels. It's simple, really - you should never use given data as internal keys. (which goes for assets et c as well)
Best regards,Stefan AnderssonTribal Media AB Join the 3d web revolution : http://tribalnet.se/

From: adam at deepthink.com.auTo: opensim-users at lists.berlios.de; opensim-dev at lists.berlios.deDate: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 06:47:09 -0400Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] [Opensim-users] Grid Numberging

Shouldn’t UUIDs by definition be unique?

IE – if your generating them randomly a collision is almost guaranteed to never ever occur.

Regards,

Adam Frisby
Executive Director
Deep Think Labs

p: +61 (0)8 6262-9464
m: +61 (0)410 615-247
e: adam at deepthink.com.au

From: opensim-users-bounces at lists.berlios.de [mailto:opensim-users-bounces at lists.berlios.de] On Behalf Of LcSent: Friday, 31 October 2008 6:52 PMTo: opensim-users at lists.berlios.de; opensim-dev at lists.berlios.deSubject: [Opensim-users] Grid Numberging

HelloAs it seems Hypergrid TP is a must have, I suggest we start to codify our Grid UUID to avoid any duplicate ID.We could mention the Grid UUID root on the wiki where our grids are listed. Each region for a given grid should start with the same root.It will help to solve any duplicate issue.Feedback ?Laurent AKA Sacha Magne