[Opensim-dev] Tracking Documentation in Mantis

Mo Hax imohax at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 14:26:05 UTC 2008

As one who recently has really been using the Wiki docs a lot lately for
better or worse:

   - I think Mantis is a good way to prioritize and assign technical
   correction to documents where casual wiki contributions will not meet the
   need. In general, however, I agree that having a ToDo collection of tagged
   pages better fits the main targeted wiki contributor should be expected to
   know. To me that targeted contributor is the person setting up, configuring,
   and administering an OpenSim, in any mode, rather than the very capable,
   very busy volunteers that develop them. Anecdotally, if we asked our
   documentation team to even open our bug tracking system they would run
   screaming.

   - I was happy to learn about tagging from Sean directly, I would not have
   known otherwise and I wonder how many other potential wiki contributors
   know--especially the ones who are in a position to catch inconsistencies
   such as those setting it up for the first time. Seems perhaps we need
   something on the main page that brings their attention to that and calms
   their fears of reprisal for the risk of incorrectly calling out bad sections
   of the wiki or at least sections they did not understand. My skin is pretty
   thick, but other newcomers--especially the less technical ones, might not
   have their Barkskin on.

Where was I? Oh yeah, adding an idiot note to myself that 'standalone' means
'standalone'. ;)