[Opensim-dev] enhancing IStream(ed)Handler interface to pass in request/response object

Dr Scofield DrScofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net
Fri May 16 09:59:30 UTC 2008

still trying to grok BaseHttpServer i'm trying to work out how a
RestStreamHandler could pass back stuff like content type, result code,
redirects, checking for access keys or alternative content-type conveyed
via HTTP request header.

content type it's seems could be done by overriding the ContentType
property in a subclass of RestStreamHandler --- though, i'd view that as
the "default" content type. we'd like to be able to supply alternative
content types (if the request specified that it would accept those), so
a more dynamic way of setting the content type would be good.

result code i currently don't see how we could return that from a
RestStreamHandler. likewise redirects.

checking for access keys supplied in the HTTP request is also not
possible (as far as i can tell, if there is a way, please, let me know :-)

if we were to pass in the HTTPRequest and HTTPResponse objects as
additional parameters to the IStream(ed)Handler invocations then the
handler would have access to the HTTP request and could set response
values as necessary --- any objections to that?

    cheers,
    dr scofield

--
dr dirk husemann ---- virtual worlds research ---- ibm zurich research lab