[Opensim-dev] what to use for serializing structures? LLSD? XmlSerializer? JSON?

James Neal baba at openmv.org
Tue May 13 18:27:38 UTC 2008

Use the LLSD implementation in libsecondlife.  It has the advantage of
being already done. We should be breaking LLSD out into its own library
soon, so OpenSim won't need a newer version.

LLSD has a few serialization formats.  XML of course as well as a binary
serialization and a notation format that looks like JSON. I'm not sure
if it is valid JSON or not.
An argument against the LLSD notation format from John Hurliman
https://lists.secondlife.com/pipermail/sldev/2007-October/006125.html
which makes some good points.

Baba