[Opensim-dev] Violating the GPL by looking

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Wed Mar 19 08:20:09 UTC 2008

Yes,

the problem isn't using OpenSim and GPL:ed code together, the problem is introducing GPL:ed code in a BSD project; we do have the module system, which would let anyone, tainted or not, write GPL:ed code that would play very well with the core.

We would just not place that code and its dependencies in our BSD svn - you'd have to make it available say, on your own web site.

Also, as an alternative, we have been discussing setting up another repo (actually, another site completely) that holds non-core modules and extensions. That repo can very well be under mixed licenses.

/Stefan