[Opensim-dev] Autocreated OpenSim.ini

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Thu Mar 13 21:36:53 UTC 2008

Uh. Another approach would be to actually use the 'merge' functionality of nini so that we could have the .example as a fallback defaults file.

(It should then probably not be called '.example' but rather '.default')

So, by just adding another line of code, we'd have opensim.ini as an optional local override of entries in opensim.default - then we can change and add to opensim.default, and peoples local changes are kept untouched. The startup can create an empty opensim.ini (with just a comment with an url to a wiki page or something) if there is none on start.

(All this provided the opensim.ini is actually parsed by nini, but if it isn't, it should be)

Best,
/Stefan