[Opensim-dev] Thoughts....

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Wed Mar 5 00:00:19 UTC 2008

Let me attempt to add some clarity.

First of all, we all know that regions do store certain things now, such as prims. In a grid environment, primarily textures are stored on a centralized asset server currently.

There is a move afoot by some to consider having the client store textures, prims and perhaps scripts.

Should this move gather momentum, we were only talking about an initialization switch that would allow a client so-equipped to either be allowed, or not be allowed to download certain types of data from the region or grid.

Admiteddly, it is an unfinished thought, and who knows if it will even survive the week, but nonetheless, thats the gist of it.

Charles