[Opensim-dev] [Resent] Proposal to move region specific parts of the "Estate" settings to the region datastore

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Mon Jun 30 23:26:55 UTC 2008

One of the questions I would have is how we deal with the existing users of OpenSim. Some of these have standalone sims, some have sims on various grids. Of these sims, some use SQLite, some MySQL and some MSSQL.

I also get the impression that those that have currently changed their estate_settings.xml might have them reset to the default.

I wonder if you could comment on some of the issues that existing users might face so that we can strive to avoid support issues.

Charles