[Opensim-dev] OpenSim codebase statistics.

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Jun 27 11:48:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 03:57:20PM +0900, Mike Mazur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 08:49:23 +0200
> Stefan Andersson <stefan at tribalmedia.se> wrote:
>
> > Suggestion: Can we get our CI build server to 'treat warnings as
> > errors'?
>
> Only once all warnings are eliminated. It'd be a bad idea to have the
> CI server throw a fit on every build because of a warning we can't get
> rid of.

Or, more icidiously, a warning which only shows up on some versions of
mono / .net, and not others.  You'll get a lot of people running around
trying to figure out why it doesn't compile on their platform, and it
turns out there is an old or new warning that we didn't handle right
because we didn't have their tools.

I'm all for reducing warnings, and beating people up when they introduce
new ones (like the prolog parser, which as SOOOOO MANY WARNINGS).  But
warnings as errors would probably slow us down a lot at this point.  It
would also hamper checking in code that doesn't yet do anything, but
doesn't break the tree, as a way to get feedback from people.

    -Sean