[Opensim-dev] Proposal to subdivide the assets table

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Fri Jun 27 11:44:46 UTC 2008

Yes, I actually think we're (kind of) in total agreement. When I say 'base case' I don't mean 'the only thing the core should do', merely that I think of the application scenarios as being in different 'rings' where each ring contains various constellations of services.
We have gone in on something akin to the SL 'ring', and slowly, we are working our ways outwards to something like a 'metaverse', but the metavarse won't consist of one homogenous architecture.

Again, look at the web. The loose coupling that gives us 404's is also the loose coupling that give us mash-ups.

The base scenario for me, something I think would be very useful from a business perspective, is the standalone prim serving content to anonymous avatars. It's like a campaign web page.