[Opensim-dev] Module/Plugin Loading

Michael Wright michaelwri22 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 27 08:42:14 UTC 2008

Just to confirm what I mean, if we could move the PluginLoader to its own project, then it could be referenced by the application layer (the opensim.exe project) and not be a requirement of the actual core.

Michael Wright <michaelwri22 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote: Could we move pluginLoader out of the OpenSim.Framework project. As with it in that project, we have made Mono.addins a core requirement.

And all the talk of allowing other methods of "loading" addins is pointless, if Mono.addins is required by the core anyway.

Ryan McDougall <sempuki1 at gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 18:33 +0900, Ryan McDougall wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 18:25 +0900, Ryan McDougall wrote:

> > > The loader approach looks very good.  +1 in moving forward on that.
> > >
> > > Something to think about down the road is that Addins have  online
> > > repository support built in.  It would be great to have that reasonably
> > > integrated with OpenSim so that we could move some modules out of the
> > > core and into online repositories.
> > >
> > >     -Sean
> > >

> > I've opened a bug for my work, and attached a preliminary patch for
> > discussion: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=1591
> >
> > It can be committed because it compiles and doesn't appear to break
> > anything. However its far from done. Next step is to have it actually
> > replace existing ad-hoc calls.
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> I have updated the bug with a new patch.
>
> This one replaces grid and region Mono.Addins loading with my own. None
> of the other loaders are touched.
>
> It compiles and runs in my limited testing in grid  mode.
>
> Cheers,

If this patch causes no regressions over some amount of time, should we
consider using it to replace all the ad-hoc loading?

Cheers,