[Opensim-dev] Proposal to subdivide the assets table

Destiny Niles techiedavid at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 23:03:01 UTC 2008

This is similar to how Linden Lab handle assets. Not only are the
table different but also the server is different. I tried to find the
information that I got from a Linden once on how assets are handle but
could not find it.
The in summary (specific details might be wrong): A central asset
server have everything you see in your inventory.
When an asset is used in-world a copy is transfered to the local
sim/region/island asset server (database) this includes attachments.
Non-copy items are flagged as being checked out.
The local sim keep tracks of assests within it.
If I ever find the information about how Linden Lab handles assets
I'll forward it