[Opensim-dev] A software to connect its own region and TP in from locally...

Dalien Talbot dalienta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 05:46:51 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Kyle Hamilton <aerowolf at gmail.com> wrote:

> No real problem at all, except the idea that at that point you're
> exposing details of the network-behind-the-NAT to the public internet,
> which may provide information useful in an attack.

You're thinking more in terms of social engineering or using a malicious
grid server / malicious sim to figure out the address and using the most
probable gateway to do nice little things like
http://www.gnucitizen.org/blog/hacking-the-interwebs/ ?

The only places one could get the private IP from is rogue region that
someone is visiting, or rogue grid. 0wning either of them gets you to
impersonate the user anyway, I'd think - at which point you can spoof to be
one of their friends and simply ask for their server's internal IP - a task
only marginally more involved :-)

/d