[Opensim-dev] Doxygen documentation team ? anyone ?

Mike Mazur mmazur at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 00:56:51 UTC 2008

Hi Laurent,

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:11:28 +0200
"Laurent Laborde" <kerdezixe at gmail.com> wrote:

> i have the feeling that my coding skills are not good enough to write
> features in opensim.
> But ... i have no problem to understand the code (well, most of it)
> and i'd like to write the missing doxygen documentation.

This is great. As you say, documentation adds to the credibility of the
project and makes it easier for new developers to get involved. I don't
think anyone else is exclusively working on writing documentation, but
every developer *should* write some/update existing documentation with
every code change :P

The documentation in the OpenSim source code should follow the standard
described in the C# language spec (ECMA-334[1], Annex E).

Currently the documentation available online[2] is regenerated with
Doxygen[3] each time Bamboo[4] performs a build. To test your
documentation, you can use the doxygen.conf file found in the doc/
subdirectory.

Hope that helps,
Mike

[1]