[Opensim-dev] Module/Plugin Loading

Ryan McDougall sempuki1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 05:35:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 17:47 +0100, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

> As Sean says, it would be nice if we could use Mono.Addins facilities
> directly.

Until I have a reason to do otherwise, I'd like to keep the wrapper as
thin as possible. There should be no reason why you couldn't use
Mono.Addins directly.

> On a more general note Ryan, I'd like to know what your impressions are
> of Mono.Addins and whether you think it's a good choice for OpenSim.
> Personally, I looked at it somewhat superficially a while back and I
> wasn't convinced about the quality of the code or the documentation
> (thogh this is the pot calling the kettle black), but things may have
> moved on.

The documentation is great I think. Certainly above that of OpenSim. :)

Code quality, I have no idea. Until it either brakes for us, or mono
implements the Addin found in the latest .net runtime, I don't see that
there is much choice.

Cheers,