[Opensim-dev] Opensim Help

Dheeraj K Jain dheejain at in.ibm.com
Tue Jun 17 07:18:15 UTC 2008

Hi ,

I compiled Opensim Successfully. But i wasn't able to compile scripts and
create new regions etc. I have few queries in this regard.

Queries :

1. How to create regions. Create-region command asks for a .xml file which
contains region descriptions. Can you give me  a sample region creation
file or a link from
where i can get that kind of data or something.

2. I wrote a sample script but wasn't able to compile it. Did i miss
something or i have to do add this functionality.

3. How to use public grids. I played with deepgrid. When i give
"SecondLife.exe -loginurl="http://us.deepgrid.com:8002" command, it connect
to deepgrid's server. I want to use only their grid.

Am i missing out on something??

Thank you,

Regards,

Dheeraj K Jain