[Opensim-dev] MySQL Gurus???

Mike Mazur mmazur at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 03:33:58 UTC 2008

Hi Terry,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Terry F. <terry at usfastweb.com> wrote:
> Specifically, I am having trouble with restoring MySQL "Dumps" of the
> assets and inventory tables.
> I can't for the life of me seem to be able to get a "GOOD" dump of the
> inventory or asset tables.
> The dump executes fine... when I try to restore I always get errors.

I'm currently away from a computer with an OpenSim DB so I'm guessing
those tables have binary data in them. What could be happening is when
you create a dump, that data is stored as text. When it's read back
in, the text could be misinterpreted?

Looking at the mysqldump man page I see a --hex-blob parameter:

       ·  --hex-blob

          Dump binary columns using hexadecimal notation (for example, ´abc'
          becomes 0x616263). The affected data types are BINARY, VARBINARY,
          and BLOB. As of MySQL 5.0.13, BIT columns are affected as well.

You could give this a shot and see if it helps.

I can't verify this myself, just a shot in the dark.

Good luck,
Mike