[Opensim-dev] Should the core OpenSim distribution carrymanyscripting languages?

Mike Mazur mmazur at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 12:49:32 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Frisby, Adam <adam at deepthink.com.au> wrote:
> I think setting up a CPAN is the way to go then.
>
> It would be nice if we could distribute applications as well as modules via
> this if possible (ie the Rex server, Tribal server, etc), or have it setup
> so those applications could utilise it.
>
> Maybe a package manager ala apt may be the way to go – that gives us
> flexibility to have multiple repositories (ie subscribe to the Rex repo,
> DeepThink repo, etc)

All good ideas and in my opinion a little too far ahead. At the moment
there are no modules. Before diving into creating a repository and an
automated package management system, allow the number of available
third party modules to grow enough to warrant it.

By all means, there _should_ be one place that lists available third
party modules, but for the time being a single page on the wiki will
be sufficient.

Mike