[Opensim-dev] New OpenSim servers

Mike Mazur mmazur at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 07:18:51 UTC 2008

Uhm, Hi,

This is actually a two part question[1]...

Recently the Messaging server became functional. Aside from the SVN
commit message there doesn't seem to be much public information about
what it does or how you're supposed to use it.

I'd like to know:

1. Is it necessary to run this server when operating in grid mode? Is
it sufficient to use its default config? Do the other servers need to
be informed of the Messaging server in their config files?

2. Where in the UGAI acronym does the M fall? Do we now have UGAIM?
UGMAI? etc.

I also learned of the Script Server's existence, so ditto the above for
that.

Thanks a bunch!
Mike

[1] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366551/