[Opensim-dev] Get grid information from user server?

Olish Newman olish at newworldgrid.com
Thu Jul 24 22:09:11 UTC 2008

Hi All !

I sent a mail some minutes ago but it does not seem to have been sent
properly :s So I apologize for the noise if it comes later...

I'm excited by your opensim viewer Mana :) Will try it now.
I created a launcher for opensim grids and it is quite finished. It
retrieves a grid list from our website so we can keep it updated for all
users. I will complete it very soon.
This also updates a viewer list and I would be happy to include this
OpenSim Viewer if you're OK.
The new version can handle opensim:// links as well and we created a
website at http://osurl.org so we can present the opensim:// location
with images for example and a Teleport now button as SLURL have,
especially with some wikis, skype or other cases where opensim:// links
are not clickable... :s Would it be useful if we implement a map as the
one there is in OpenSimWIRedux. This map could retrieve the world map
from the grid website given which user server url corresponds to like
SLURL shows the Second Life world map but for all grids...

If I can be of any help, I would be glad to help.

Kind regards,
Olish Newman.
The New World Grid.
http://www.newworldgrid.com