[Opensim-dev] In light of recent problems with ClientStack

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 24 13:34:29 UTC 2008

I guess I need to weigh in and describe my strategy which myself and others have been using for over a year now.

With each update, when there are problems, there are two choices. And pretty much, these two choices are for anyone.

1. Press forward and help diagnose and improve.
2. Revert to last known functioning.

Most of the time, we urge the testers to move forward and deploy the latest and provide feedback to help that forward motion. Occaisionally, we suggest holding at a particular revision for a while.

So, this is a balance between sufficient forward motion and keeping functionality and the balance shifts based on the reality and perception each day.

Charles